Sometimes it is need to place /vz partition on external storage. How to perform this procedure on Parallels Virtuozzo Containers system?
Here are exact steps:
1. Make sure that external storage is available as device in /dev/ directory (via e.g. NFS or ISCSI layer)
2. Mount this storage under e.g. mount point /vzs using required options and filesystem type:
# mount /dev/ext_storage_dev_name /vzs
3. Stop Virtuozzo:
# service vz stop
4. Copy all content from /vz to /vzs:
# cp -a /vz/* /vzs/
5. Unmount old /vz directory and /vzs directory:
# umount /vz
# umount /vzs
6. Edit in the file /etc/fstab line for /vz entry to mount external storage under /vz mount point.
7. mount /vz again:
# mount /vz
8. Start Virtuozzo:
# service vz start
informative tut, but isnt moving /vz to nas/nfs decrease system performance?
Yes, It would but in special cases its required to have it on NAS like setting high availability VPS etc.